While there are many items that weigh approximately 50 grams, these are some of the more common items that people come across on a day-to-day basis. Whether it is picking up a paper clip or stirring their coffee, these everyday objects all weigh about 50 grams. Knowing this information can be very helpful in a variety of situations, such as when you are trying to lose weight and are looking for foods that only weigh around 50 grams.
So These are the 50 items that weigh about 50 grams
1. A pen weighs about 50 grams.
2. A medium-sized apple weighs approximately 50 grams.
3. The average human brain weighs 50 grams.
4. The amount of gold that is sold in a paper clip weighs about 50 grams.
5. One standard deck of playing cards weighs about 50 grams since it is made up of 52 cards, two jokers, and a heavy cardboard case. An empty box that weighs about 50 grams would also contain the same amount of cards.
6. The average chocolate chip cookie weighs approximately 50 grams.
7. A single carnation flower stem weighs about 100 grams since it is made up of dozens of small blossoms.
8. A nickel (5 cents) weighs about 5 grams.
9. 100 grains of uncooked white rice weigh about 50 grams.
10. An unpopped popcorn kernel usually weighs around 2 grams. popped kernels can vary in weight from 0.5 to 4 grams, but on average, a popped kernel of corn will weigh about 1 gram.
Also Read This :-
11. A 0.5-liter bottle of water weighs about 50 grams when it is empty.
12. A standard postage stamp (30 cents) weighs about 4 grams.
13. One cubic centimeter of water (the amount in a raindrop) weighs 1 gram.
14. The feathers on a hummingbird weigh about 0.5 grams each.
15. A small paper clip is usually made of steel and weighs around 50 grams, depending on the size of the clip.
16. A standard guitar pick weighs approximately 1 gram
17. A sheet of 8-1/2 by 11-inch paperweights about 90 grams when it is blank and has no printing on it.
18. A one euro coin (the size of a US quarter) weighs about 5 grams.
19. A dime (10 cents) weighs about 2.27 grams.
20. The average human hair is about 75 to 100 grams in weight.
21. A mason jar with a lid that has not been opened weighs about 50 grams.
22. The average human foot (including the heel) is about 100 to 150 grams in weight.
23. A large chocolate bar like a Butterfinger, Baby Ruth, or Snickers bar typically weighs around 50 grams.
24. A standard photo of 4 by 6 inches taken with an instant camera usually weighs about 50 grams.
25. A pair of earrings that weigh about 5 grams each will add up to a total of 10 grams.
26. A fresh sprig of rosemary (leaves only, no stem) usually weighs about 1 gram.
27. The average human fingernail weighs about 0.5 grams.
28. A single cell in the human body weighs about 1 to 2 grams.
29. The average small lemon weighs around 50 grams and contains about 10 teaspoons of juice at 40-50 grams per teaspoon.
30. A standard plastic drinking straw usually weighs about 50 grams if it is clear and does not contain any bends or kinks, since it is made out of plastic.
31. One standard pair of panties weighs around 50 grams whether it is one size fits all or a small, medium, large, extra-large design made with various materials and trims.
32. A single dried prune usually weighs between 5 and 10 grams depending on its size and dryness.
33. The average human mouth weighs about 50 grams since it is made up of teeth, tongue, gums, and lips.
34. A standard bar of soap usually weighs around 100 grams when the wrapper is removed or weight is dropped from a full bar that has been used for a while.
35. A large computer mouse typically weighs about 120 grams.
36. A small computer mouse typically weighs about 60 grams.
37. An average human heart weighs between 250 to 350 grams.
38. A full gallon of water (8 pounds or 3600 grams) weighs about 50 grams more than a half gallon of water jug.
39. A five-pound bag of sugar (about 2.27 kilograms) usually weights around 50 grams more than a one-pound bag of sugar (454 grams).
40. A three-ounce can of tuna fish usually weighs about 50 grams.
41. A single egg yolk usually weighs about 1 gram.
42. The average human brain weighs between 1300 to 1400 grams.
43. A standard deck of playing cards weighs about 50 grams.
44. A single die usually weighs about 5 grams.
45. A US penny (one cent) weighs 2.5 grams.
46. A British penny (one penny) weighs 2.8 grams.
47. The average human arm typically weighs between 4 and 5 kilograms and the average leg is in the same range.
48. A standard bowling pin weights about 9 to 12 kilograms, depending on the material used in its construction.
49. A standard hardcover book usually weighs around 50 grams when it has no writing or highlighting inside of it and the pages are clean and crisp with no fingerprints or smudges.
50. A newborn baby typically weighs about 7.5 to 8 pounds or 3400 to 3600 grams at birth.
How do I measure the weight of something that weighs 50 grams?
This question is one of the many we get asked here in the lab. The weight of an object doesn’t really change whether it’s in air or underwater, but if you’re like me you’re probably curious about what’s going on and how you can measure the weight of something in the water. This blog may not answer all your questions but it will hopefully give you a better idea of why something that weighs 50 grams in the air weighs less underwater.
How does gravity affect the weight of an object?
Gravity is a natural phenomenon by which all things with mass are brought toward (or gravitate toward) one another. Gravity is most familiar as the agent that gives weight to objects with mass and causes them to fall to the ground when dropped. Gravity is the weakest of the four fundamental forces of physics, approximately 10 39 times weaker than the strong force, 10 36 times weaker than the electromagnetic force, and 10 38 times weaker than the weak force.
Gravity has a negligible influence on the behavior of subatomic particles and plays no role in determining the internal properties of everyday matter (but see quantum gravity). However, it is responsible for various phenomena observed on the macroscopic scale, such as the formation, shape, and trajectory of astronomical bodies, and the formation and evolution of the universe.
How does mass relate to weight?
Mass and weight are often talked about in the same context; however, they are totally different. Mass is an object’s resistance to a change in motion. Mass is also the measure of how much matter is in an object. The measure of mass commonly used is the kilogram or kg. Weight, on the other hand, is the measure of the gravitational force acting on an object. It is calculated based on the gravitational acceleration of the earth and the object’s mass. It is measured in Newtons, which is the force that is required to accelerate 1kg of mass at the rate of 1m/s2.
As you can see, there are many different things that weigh around 50 grams. This includes everything from small items like a guitar pick or earrings to larger objects like a computer mouse or bowling pin. So if you are ever looking for something to weigh 50 grams, you now know that there is no shortage of options. Just be sure to use a scale that is accurate to ensure you are getting an accurate reading. Thanks for reading!
Convert kilograms to grams :- Weight Converter