How to fix a broken digital pocket scale – This is a guide for those who have lost their manual and can’t use their digital pocket scale. This happens to me ALL the time: people come up and ask what this button does, how do I turn it on, or change it from grams to ounces.
Well, after struggling with mine for several minutes I decided that there should be an instruction booklet that comes with these things, and so I went on a search to find the answer. What I found was a website that sells digital pocket scales, and they had a troubleshooting guide for this exact problem!
Okay, so if your digital pocket scale is not working, or you have lost your instruction booklet here are the steps you need to follow:
- First, check to make sure your digital pocket scale is plugged in, some of them are rechargeable and require it to be charged for several hours before you can use it
- If the power button has a green light that means that the battery is charged, if it doesn’t have a green light then wait several minutes for the LCD screen to turn on and check to see if the battery is full
- If it is not plugged in, or the battery is not charged, then plug it in and charge it for a few hours
- Once the digital pocket scale is fully charged press the power button to turn it on
- If it still doesn’t work, then turn it off by pressing the small power button on the front of the digital pocket scale
- Once you have turned it off plug it back in, and press the power button once to see if it works. If not unplugged and repeat this step several times before deciding that it is broke
- If after several attempts at turning on your digital pocket scale it still will not turn on, then the battery may be dead. In this case, you need to buy a new battery and replace it following the same instructions as replacing the battery in a DVD player
Why do digital pocket scales break?
We have already written about the benefits of digital pocket scales when it comes to measuring ingredients for cooking and baking. But, if you are like many people, you probably have a few of them lying around your house that have broken at some point.
The most common reason for a digital pocket scale to stop working is the battery. If you have a digital kitchen scale that no longer holds a charge, you are not alone. Many people have had this problem, and a few have actually found a way to fix the device. It’s not hard to try to fix the scale yourself, and you will be able to save a lot of money if you can do it.
How to fix them?
Most people know that digital pocket scales are very handy tools – they weigh small objects, so you can use them to weigh the contents of your backpack, for example. But did you know that the scales can sometimes get broken, and if your device is still under warranty it’s a good idea to repair it instead of throwing it away? Digital pocket scales can be broken in a lot of different ways.
Some users drop them on the floor, others spill something on them, and pocket scales can even break when they are just packed into the bag. But don’t worry – we will show you how to fix your digital pocket scale in the easiest way possible.
What to do when the scale breaks down?
The first sign that something is wrong is the scale doesn’t power on. You press the power button, but nothing happens. The next thing to check is that the scale is on a flat and level surface. If the scale is on a tilted surface, it can’t give accurate weight measurements. If the scale is on a flat surface, then the next thing to check is whether the batteries are low or dead.
If the batteries are low or dead, then replace them with new batteries. If the scale still doesn’t turn on, then there could be a problem with the circuit board or the connection to the batteries. If there is a problem with the circuit board, you’ll need to replace it. But if the problem is a loose connection, you can fix it by taking it apart, re-connecting the circuit board, and then putting it back together.
When does a scale stop working?
Most people hate having to buy a digital pocket scale. They are cheap enough and you usually don’t have to spend more than $10. But that’s the problem with digital pocket scales — they break down often. If you’re like me and you have to pack a scale every time you have to go on a business trip or vacation, your pocket scale is bound to break down.
I have had pocket scales break on me many times. In fact, I have had this happen with almost every single scale I have ever owned. And I am not alone. A lot of people have had the same problem. So, if this has happened to you, here’s a blog post on how to fix a broken digital pocket scale.
What are the fixes for a broken pocket scale?
There are several fixes for a broken digital pocket scale. Some fixes are more difficult than others, but they all work. The first thing that you need to do is to check the batteries. If the batteries are low then it is possible that the pocket scale will not work because the batteries are not strong enough to power the scale. There is nothing wrong with the scale; it is simply the batteries. If the batteries are good then there are several other things you can do to fix the scale.
If the scale is not working because of a loose connection then you can use a small screwdriver to tighten the screws around the connection. If you run into any broken metal parts then you can use a pair of pliers to twist the metal together.
If the display on the scale is broken then you can take a pair of tweezers and apply pressure to the cracked glass. If none of these options work there is one last thing that you can do. You can purchase a digital pocket scale that is still in the package and use it as a replacement.
So there you have it, everything you need to know in order to fix your digital pocket scale. If these instructions don’t work or if you are still confused then I suggest going online and looking for a troubleshooting guide specific to your brand of digital pocket scale. And remember, if all else fails take it to a technician! They should be able to help you fix your digital pocket scale in no time.
Also, Read This –
- Best scale for cannibus
- Best balance scale for reloading
- Best 1/10 scale basher
- Best scales for weighing drugs
- Best USB postal scale
- Best scales for bakers
- Best fish weight scale
- Best bathroom scale for heavy person
- Best scale for weighing cats
- Best cat weight scale
- Best baby scale for weighted feeds
- The 5 Best digital scales for measuring resin
- The best way to weigh puppies
- The 5 best scales for weighing reptiles
- The 5 best analog scales for body weight
- The 5 best food scales for weight loss
- The 5 best scales to track weight loss
- Best analog bathroom scales
- Best reloading scale accuracy
- The best dental scaler for home use
- Best consistent bathroom scale
- Best scale for apple health
- best body fat caliper